Meet Marlene Layman
“I specialize in clicker training, using positive reinforcement. Together, you and your dog will learn in a positive, fun, results-oriented way!”
Hi, I’m Marlene Layman. As a long-time dog owner, and owner/operator of a dog walking & pet sitting business, I know how much dog training and behavior modification help owners understand their dogs and enjoy more peaceful & productive relationships with them.
As a result, I studied, tested & did hands-on work to obtain dog training certification from Animal Behavior College.
I have a great group of dog training clients in the Western Mass. area where I offer both in-home programs, as well as group classes. I especially enjoy helping people with reactive dogs as well as getting puppies off to a right start. I have a special place in my heart for senior dogs!
skilled in identifiying and managing problem behaviors using positive reinforcement training methods.
- Animal Behavior College certified dog trainer
- Experience with developing & leading group dog training classes, including those focused on reactive dogs & dog exercise in multiple locations in the Western Mass. area
- Hands-on experience with obedience & behavior training in individual in-home settings
- Dakin Humane Society’s Springfield trainer
- Trained in safe animal handling as a volunteer at Dakin Humane Society
- Mentoring with Michael Shikashio, president of IAABC, with a focus on reactive/aggressive dogs
- Ongoing seminars with Sue Sternberg and Michael Shikasio on dog aggression and Ken Ramirez on advanced dog training topics.
Helping your dog become a better family member
“I teach you how to bring out the best in your dog.”
Meet our very special girl CAPPY…